Friday, April 26, 2013

I belive Essay


This, I Believe

The day would seem much longer and much more laborious without smiles or laughter. I believe that the biggest contributors to happiness are the things that seem too small to notice, and that is what makes them important. When we don’t see what makes us happy, that is when we are truly at ease. The little things, however small, are as plentiful as atoms in the universe. That makes them stronger, and much more important than finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk. The smile you received or the high five with a friend. The full night’s sleep or the moments of calm relaxation. These are all little things that we take for granted, and it’s better that way. It’s true that without the other things to fill our lives, the world would seem bland and boring, but a healthy balance is just as important. When everything meshes together in the cogs that make up our lives, then it becomes clear that the little moments, they are the oil that sustain us, and keep us from grinding into one another. There are countless happenings in as short of a time frame as even one day, but they’re there. It’s just hard to tell, because as implied, the little things are little, but they matter.
                It was once said to me that one shouldn’t “Sweat the small stuff,” and I know that that was directed at the trivial little issues that also present themselves to us. Personally, I like to change that just a bit. I prefer, “Take the good with the bad, even when it comes from the little things.” That just makes me feel like im prepared for a good or a bad day at the same time, and that makes me feel more comfortable. Thus, I believe in personal comfort and preparedness as well.
                I believe in whatever makes you happy.

1 comment:

  1. "I believe in whatever makes you happy." - But it's about what makes YOU happy, not me.

    Remember to capitalize your "I"s.

    I get what you're getting at, but I wonder if you felt stifled by the "ballpark word limit" of 350 to 400. I think your message would have been a bit more clear if you had written a more. I truly feel like there is more you wanted to say, but you felt like you were reaching the proverbial "word limit." Your organization just isn't as solid as it usually is.

    I like that you believe in personal comfort. I have never heard anyone describe his belief in those words. It's very original. 26/30

    ReplyDelete