Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vocab Story-time

I was a very young child when it happened. I grew aware of my mother's seemingly omniscient knowledge of my activities. I was playing in the yard, nonchalantly of course. I was a smooth four year old, if anything. It was then that dark, malevolent rain clouds began to converge overhead. I recognized that this could signal a rather large storm, but i played anyways, believing myself to be invulnerable to the rain. My self esteem was obviously misplaced, because as the water started to fall, i grew wetter and colder by the second. All of the other children had dispersed to their respective homes, and i was left to fend for myself! When i walked through the door, my mother held a towel in her hands, a supercilious expression on her face. It was utterly uncanny how she knew that i would need one! However, i was more worried about being punished for having soaked my clothes, which as it turned out, was a rather venial situation. I then skulked to my room, waiting for the coulds to unblock my view of the sun.

1 comment: