Monday, April 8, 2013

Pianist blog #1

We were all crowded together, all the Jews of Warsaw, shuffling with what our arms could carry towards the open train cars. We would be shipped away today. The gestapo and other officials lined the crowd, directing us and figuring our numbers. One officer, one whom i could call freind, recognized me. He called my name and pulled me from the crowd, and then pushed me behind the line of uniformed men. I attempted to keep up with my family, even though the divide between us could not be bridged, however the same man, my old friend, told me to run, that he had saved my life. I believed him. I walked away, and turned a corner, keeping myself discreet by aiding a man who was pushing along a cart of bodies. Then, as the train finally pulled away, carrying almost all of the Jews in Warsaw, and my own family, I finally realized that i was now alone.

1 comment: