Thursday, April 18, 2013

Muisc

My life has been dependent on music since i was a very young boy. It has shaped me and guided me, through words that were said via CD  or YouTube. While they may not have been meant for me specifically, they had a profound impact on my development. It started with a sweet melodic voice and a catchy guitar riff, the traits of my first favorite. However, as i began to discover more and more, i grew along with my tastes. I was attracted to the darker, heavier side of music, where anger and sadness took refuge. I found a home there, comforted by the experiences that i hadn't had, learning from others' lives. It was nice. The music didn't change me into a self-loathing creature, but rather opened my eyes to another side of life that wasn't all rainbows and ice cream. That was okay with me, i never wanted to be misled or kept in the clutches of naivete. As a bonus, of course, the music was fantastic! I had never felt as comfortable in my skin as i was when i was dancing lightheartedly to a great song. As time progressed, i became exponentially more aware and informed about the subject of genres, artists, mechanical terms, touring dates, etc. My tastes also flew into more dangerous waters, i began to prefer the heaviest of genres available to me, Metal. It's really a wonderful genre. There are many sub-genres like black metal, deathmetal, metalcore, and more. The message that the artists bring are also varied and spectacular. It isn't all anger and doom, there is uplifting and  righteous verses as well, which i think is just great. While i had a fescination with Metal, that does not mean that i was limiting my self to a diet of screaming and fast guitar playing. I also discovered Dubstep at about the same time, which i grew accustomed to after a short while. This genre is definitely more modern and diverse, catering to both the club scenes and the more esoteric peace and harmony style of life. The modulation and remixing of songs and sounds is a very interesting innovation, only made avaiable with the technology that today can offer. This, i also learned, described myself in a way. My personality had two different sides that wanted different stimulation. And, as lucky as i am, i found two radically different music genres to satisfy both. That's all i really need.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this, but I have to ask: What's up with the lowercase "i"? Everytime I read over one it threw me off. I still love your message, though :o) Just capitalize your I . . . afterall, we've been talking about grammar for a week :o)

    ReplyDelete